Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is that a candle sticking out of your ass?

Wow, what a night. After swimming all day, we decided to go for a small booze cruise to the south of our new homestead. Such a fine idea. We stocked up with rums and juices, for the 3km tour, and after perhaps 100m, we came across a solemn moment, a dead pig in the middle of the road, surrounded by mourners. In reality, they were probably trying to figure out how they were going cook and savour such a wonderful blessing! As we continued we came across a pile of monkeys chillin', and to the best of my ability I could not summon them to rise up and join us on said booze cruise! Silly monkeys. We eventually made it to this town where the roads were unfinished, and setting out on foot I searched for beer, 3 beer. Now, my spanish is limited, and under pressure, is non-existent. Alas I spoke the word cervesa and was given the 'Si'. This is where I neglected to speak my limited spanish and busted out with french and italian, the latter I don't even know, other than 'belisimo'! Thankfully we got the beer, turned around, and headed back home for a fine dinner at a local restaurant, which by the way, if you ever come to this neck of the woods, they will take you for all you've got! Long live Flor de Cana!

1 comment: